As I work all days with computers as a Technical Specialist / Software engineer, I like the old kind of hamradio's without modern digital stuff in it (although I like a digital readout). Pure analoge and without fancy stuff like DSP's etc. But due to a high level of QRM and man made noise in my QTH I is hard for me to operate from home in SSB and CW. That's why I sold every rig (Yaesu FT-301, Yaesu FT-221R 2mtr allmode etc) or receiver (Yaesu FRG-7700 etc) that wouldn't fit in my backpack, was heavier than 5Kg or wasn't made for /P operations. Yeh, QRM sucks.
Normaly I don't like to brag about the equipment I'm using to practice my hobby but in the QSO's it almost tradition to exchange equipment details. So I also will write my list below.
Transceivers (active) :
Receivers (active) :
- Yupiteru MVT-7100 (often used by my XYL for listening to airplane communication and finding QRM)
- Yeasu FRG-7 (I know it's big, heavy etc. but just love it)
Handheld (active) :
Antennas (active) :
- 2m/70cm J-Pole (DIY)
- 2m 9 element tona Yagi
- 10/15/20/40mtr end-fed longwire (DIY)
- 6m 2 elm yagi (DK7ZB design DIY)
Antennas (standby for field days and experiments) :
- QRP Fuchs Antenna - based on "The Multibandfuchs by DL7AQT, Frank"
- 2m Slim Jim antenna (DIY from 450 Ohm ladder line) for portable usage
- Lightweight PVC tube 2m 4 element Yagi (DIY based on 50 Ohms 4 element design by DK7ZB) for portable usage
- 2m/70cm Arrow antenne with tripod extension for sat and fieldday work.
- glassfiber 12.5 mtr telescope
- end-fed longwire box (homemade) with 10/20/40mtr end-fed longwire and 10, 12, 15, 17 mtr monoband end-fed wires
- dipole box (DIY )with 10, 12, 15, 17,20, 40mtr dipole wire set
- Single beam H/V 2m 4 element Yagi (DIY based on 28 Ohms 4 element design by DK7ZB) (Replaced by 9el tona)
Transceivers / Handhelds (previouse owned but sold) :
- Yaesu FT-221R 2mtr allmode
- Yaesu FT-301
- BITX40 (kit by HFSignals.com Ashhar Farhan, VU2ESE)
- Alinco DJ-596E MKII
- Condor 16 modified for 2 meter usage incl software generatred CTCSS
- Yaesu FRG-7700
- Uniden Bearcat UBC-9000XLT